Friday, May 5

10 Natural Beauty Remedies I Swear By


Today the beauty industry is all about marketing. People are ready to throw thousands of dollars to simply get rid of some acne marks, wrinkles or dark circles. Don't get me wrong, i'm not throwing shade at anyone who buy beauty products because, if I did so, I would be shading my own self. 

The debate between natural and man-made remedies has been a never-ending bicker since years. To be honest, it really doesn't matter which is better than which because at the end as long as you know it's safe on your skin, efficient and reliable, that's all that matters.  

Hence, today i'm going to share with you all 10 of those natural remedies that has been a miracle to my beauty regime at least once in life. This ain't a list I copy pasted from some article or a magazine. I'm simply a girl who have faced a lot of skin issues, hair issues, so this article's sole purpose is to help out a another girl in need. 

1. Turmeric 




 Antiseptic
 Antibacterial 
 Skin brightening
 Reduces skin inflammation

Few months back I recovered from a severe skin allergy which resulted in so much of scaring on my cheeks and chin. 
As usual my first thought was to consult a Dermatologist and get some cream to bleach them off. That's when my mom handed me some home-grinded turmeric powder. 
All I did was mix the turmeric powder with some water and applied it on my face once a week after my nightly face cleansing. I applied the mask and left it to dry for around 20 minutes and then washed it off with water while massaging it in circular motions. This not only acted as a mask but it also exfoliated my skin gently and so well that my skin felt so smooth at the end. 
I have used this remedy for over a few months and my scarring has almost disappeared. My face has a natural glow and I believe it also helped with my blackheads. 

2. Coconut Oil




 Antibacterial
 Anti-fungal
♡ Natural moisturizer
♡ Fights inflammation 

If you know me well, you know coconut oil is my bae. I use it for everything! 

Coconut oil when used as a daily hair oil can be a bit greasy and oily, so my favorite way to use it is as a hair mask. I apply it from roots to the ends once a week and let it sit for around 1 hour (sometimes over-night) and then double shampoo to rinse the excess grease off. 
It helped so much with my dandruff and dry hair which always ends up with frizzy curls. 

I also like to use it as a body lotion because c'mon can we find a better natural moisturizer? Now an important disclaimer, avoid using coconut oil as a face oil because it can clog your pores resulting in acne. Instead, apply it on your dry spots such as knees, feet and elbows. You can also use it as an after-shave moisturizer for your armpits, hands and legs to reduce razor burns. 

3. Aloevera



 Fights skin inflammations
 Anti-fungal 
 Heals wounds
 Soothes skin

One of my biggest skin issues ever since I was around 11 was these annoying dozens of tiny bumps that I had on my forehead. Nothing, NOTHING helped them. I consulted many Dermatologists and all they gave were some gels and face washes that dehydrated my skin to the point it peeled off. Even if some helped, it was only for a limited time till I stopped using the medication. 

And then I used this magic plant. It was a few months back when I wanted to try using aloe vera gel as I heard it helped with oily skin. I cut the leaf into small pieces and applied the gel straight off the leaf every night before I went to bed. Despite the unpleasant smell and sticky feel (which went away within a few minutes), it was so cooling and soothing on my skin. 
After a few weeks of application I was surprised to find those dozens of tiny bumps has reduced by 90%. And as heard it also helped with my oily skin and blackheads. This is a magical plant indeed. 

4. Sweet Almond oil




 Rich in Vitamin E
 Natural moisturizer
 Skin brightening

I am someone who will always choose oils over any other factory-made lotions and moisturizers. And one of those oils that won my love is Sweet Almond oil. 
I massage a few drops into my skin every night after cleansing my skin. It readily absorbs to the skin and leaves it so smooth and makes you wake up to glowing skin. Through time, it helped a lot with my dry skin, lips, reducing dark circles and also growing my brows and lashes. 
Sweet Almond oil is also a great hair oil. It helps detangle your hair and give a natural shine and hydration to the strands. 

5. Coffee beans/ grounds



 Skin exfoliator
 Reduces cellulites
 Tightens skin
 Brightens skin

Ahh coffee, the love I have for coffee. As much as addicting I am to coffee as a daily life-saving drink, coffee also saved my skin. Coffee applied as a scrub is a great exfoliator to remove dead skin off your hands and legs. I love to use it before I shave my legs as it will make sure to grab and cut off all the hair from the base itself. 
Mix some coffee grounds with coconut oil and massage it on to your body before a shower. It will make your legs so smooth, silky, less dry and with time it will reduce scars on your body and reduce cellulites on your thighs. 

6. Green tea


 Filled with antioxidants 
 Known to burn body fat
♡ Anti-aging

I have heard mixed opinions about green tea for years. But let me share my honest opinion, it will help if you buy the right green tea. I am by no means a tea expert but I have seen so many people drink "green teas" under different labels which promise to reduce fat and slim your figure. And ironically, they are as dark as any black teas when brewed. 

The original green tea usually have a light green/brown color depending on the origin of the leaf and if brewed correctly will not have an over-powering bitter taste. 
Whenever I buy green tea I make sure to order online or buy directly from an authentic Chinese/ Korean/ Japanese vender. 

Unfortunately, I know little to no information regarding Sri Lankan Green teas but if you do want to find local authentic leaves you can if you put an effort because Sri Lanka is known as the land of tea for a reason.   
The main reason I drink green tea is for hydration. A warm mug of it can calm me instantly. But with time I can promise you it will do a great change on your skin. I have seen a dramatic change in my acne and it also helped with my skin texture as a whole. 

7. Oatmeal 



 Reduces irritation
 Anti-inflammatory
 Fights acne
 Moisturizes skin

Oatmeal has been a beauty miracle for Egyptians and Arabians in the early 2000 BC for a reason. 

I like to use it mainly as a facial mask. As messy as it can be, if you mix it with some water and use it as a face mask you will see how your skin will turn into as soft as a baby's bottom in once use. 
It also acts as a mild exfoliator so you will see a difference in your acne scars and the skin texture. 

When oatmeal is mixed with water, it will turn to a creamy, milky form so if you want, it can also be used as a daily cleanser. 

8. Lime 

 Rich in Vitamin C
 Skin lightening
 Anti-aging
 Antibacterial

Everybody raves about lemon but always forgets about the equally best lime. When it come to beauty benefits lime is no different than lemon. Having more acid content, it can sometimes do a better job than lemon itself. 

I love to use it as a spot treatment when I get them huge pimples on my face. Overnight, it will dry the pimples and shrink it in size and sometimes (if lucky) make them disappear completely. 
Lime is also one of the best skin lightening agents out there. 
If applied directly alone all over the face, the lime can dry out your skin and lead to irritation. So to get the best use out of it, combine it with another skin brightening ingredient such as honey. These miracle ingredients together will do wonders on your acne scars and dark-circles. 

9. Coconut milk





 Natural moisturizer
 Soothes skin
 Fights dandruff
 Natural hair conditioner

Yes you read it right, coconut milk. It's surprising how us Sri Lankans who use coconut milk daily to cook know so little about the beauty benefits of coconut milk. 
Apply coconut milk directly to your hair as a mask and it will moisturize your scalp in one use. This as a result will soothe any irritation on your scalp and reduce dandruff. 
Coconut milk will also give your hair a natural shine and healthy look as it is a natural conditioner. 

10. Avocado 



 Full of healthy vitamins
 Contains anti-oxidants
 Natural conditioner
 Anti-aging

Avocado is one of those natural ingredients that is a multi-tasker when it comes to your beauty regime. It is rich in anti-oxidants and vitamins so when applied on skin can relieve inflammation and irritation. 

Mash up an avocado and apply it as a mask on your scalp and hair to reduce dandruff, condition your hair and tame any frizz. 
It can also be used as a facial mask to moisturize your skin which will result in tightened, supple and glowing skin. 

Share with your girl-pal to show some love 



8 comments:

  1. This is very important post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return. karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iron Deficiency. Dark circles under the eyes can be caused by anemia, which makes the skin look pale and the area around the eyes look darker. The most common cause of anemia is from not getting enough iron in the diet to make the right amount of red blood cells the body needs. click here for more
    Tips To Banish Dark Circles Around Eyes in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty. What is beauty? A question which has given all the philosophers, observers and wise men sleepless nights trying to provide a definition which suits all sorts. But beauty exists both independently and exclusively contradicting every definition that's been used to define it. Stating the word of Confucius:- "Everything has beauty but not everyone can see it." Seems legit but even if it's true it doesn't stop everyone from developing their own ideas of beauty. Ideas that are convincing, ideas that are explainable and ideas that are appealing. cbd bath bomb recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here!
    cbd massage oil for pain relief

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. un curso de milagros

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work. un curso de milagros youtube

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to search sites with relevant information on given topic and provide them to teacher our opinion and the article. home remedies using Taoist soap book

    ReplyDelete